When going to an outdoor concert or music festival with my children I have a go to list of must haves to bring along with us to make the experience as comfortable as possible for all of us. Every venue differs so it is wise to check the venue rules and regulations beforehand but in general when it comes to kid supplies they are pretty reasonable. Here is our outdoor concert checklist …
1. If there are no seats a blanket to sit on. We like the waterproof ones so damp grass doesn’t soak through.
2. Camping chairs if allowed
3. Blanket to cover with (sometimes it gets chilly after the sun goes down)
4. Easy snack foods
5. Bottled water
7. Bug Spray
8. Jackets or hoodies in case they get cold
9. Foldable wagon-this has been a life saver! It doesn’t take up much space in the car, makes lugging around all the kid supplies much easier, and if a little one falls asleep during the show you can put them in the wagon to sleep then pull them back to the car when it is over.
10. Glow sticks for kids to wear so even in the dark they can play nearby and you can see them. Can also be used if a child is sleeping on a blanket to surround them with glow sticks so people will notice them and not step on them.
11. A couple fun outdoor toys; we like to bring balls, Frisbees, hula hoops, and Orbits.
Our children really enjoy going to see outdoor shows and everyone can have a great time if you are well prepared. If you do some research there may be more free or low cost shows in your area than you would have realized, which we try to attend to save money while having fun!
— Jessica Blackwood is a mother of 3 boys from Pennsylvania